red poppy parade: participant instructions.
We're almost there. Next weekend is the Red Poppy festival and we are so excited that you are in the kickoff Parade on Saturday. Please read the bulleted items below, and if you have any questions at all, please email me.
- Saturday, April 23
- Gather in downtown Georgetown at 2nd and College starting at 9am. Parade starts around 9:50. We should be near the front.
- Park at First Baptist on 29 and take shuttle bus from there (starting at 9am) to 10th and Rock St then walk to 2nd and College OR if arriving earlier park in lot near Monument Cafe on Austin Ave between 4th and 5th or in the County Garage at 3rd and Rock St and walk to 2nd and College.
- We need some volunteers to get there at 8:30 to help decorate our trailer and to stay after to clean up. Email email@example.com and let Jackie know if you can arrive early or stay later.
- We need a few folks who can carpool with those who aren't able to walk from either the shuttle drop-off or the parking lots and who plan to ride in trailer and drop them at 2nd and College. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help with that or if you will need to be dropped off.
- There is no parking at 2nd Street and College. Several streets are barricaded so check the map below.
- Vehicles parked in clearly posted No Parking zones will be towed.
- We cannot throw things, ala Mardi Gras, but we will have brochures to hand out.
- Wear Blue! We will have blue t-shirts to loan you if you don't have anything blue to wear.
- Let's show Georgetown that we Democrats are here and that we are going to turn WilCo Blue!